terça-feira, setembro 02, 2008

se pudesse escolher um final...


- If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle sin is this: my lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth the rough touch with a gentle kiss.

- Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; for saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.

- Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too?

- Ay, pilgrim, lips are things to use in prayer.

- Oh...O then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.

- Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.

- Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips by thine, my sin is purged.

- Then have my lips the sin that they have took?

- Sin from my lips! O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.

Nenhum comentário: